It was a very innocent conversation with Teagan - it started when she saw the new Walt Disney World commercial regarding the 'Year of the Celebration'. If you have not witnessed this blessed event - in 2009 Disney will say goodbye to their 'Year of a Million Dreams' campaign and embark on a new concept - turning an ordinary celebration into something magical. This commercial prompted her to ask when we were going to go to Disney again and the conversation went something like this:
Me "very soon - we'll go just after your fifth birthday"
Impatient child "but it's taking a long time"
Me "It will be here before you know it"
Persistent child "How about we go next week"
Me "Next week is Thanksgiving and besides we don't have tickets to go next week"
Now, keep in mind this has worked in the past as a really good reason why we could not go/do something. She has obviously picked up on a few things since then and responded ever so innocently - "Why don't you go on dot com to get them"
Yes, my four year old just told me to go on dot com and get tickets so we can go to Disney World next week. As I approach my birthday (I'll be 25 again this year) I can only imagine what technology will look like in the years to come. I was a sophomore in college when I logged on to my first email account and I can guarantee it did not have the fancy features we have today - heck I was happy when I could finally use a font other than 'typewriter'.
Teagan has learned a lot in her 4+ years in this world, now if I could only teach her the art of patience.
By the way, in the time it took me to compose this blog post I have received an email that my Christmas order from Amazon.com (which was ordered while wearing my jammies in the comfort of my own home) has shipped. It also says I'll get an email when my order has been delivered to my doorstep - as if the ringing of my doorbell isn't enough!
I would wish you all happy shopping, but what I really should say is happy dot comming...
I hope you never lose your sense of wonder, Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens, Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance, And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance...
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Four Parks. One Day.
With only a few days left on our Disney Spring Break 2018 we headed over to Epcot. We jumped on Test Track (may the best car win!) and then ...
-
Do you Facebook?! It started so innocently in October 2007. Angela, my dear little sister was visiting and the conversation was very similar...
-
Time flies when you're having fun! First of all I cannot believe that my little boy is knocking on the door of turning three. In some re...
-
It's so hard to believe that it's been 3 years since little boy blue was born. He's been such a joy that it hardly feels fair th...
No comments:
Post a Comment