Monday, November 24, 2008

30 is the new 80

So yesterday we're sitting at the dinner table and Ryan just has to remind me that I have a birthday coming up! Teagan didn't miss a beat when she asks "Mommy, how many will you be?" To which I respond - 25 - definitely a lie, but it's only a small doesn't hurt anyone kind of lie. This is where it gets really interesting...

Teagan proceeds to tell me "how many" I'll be in the next few consecutive years:

"Then you'll be 26 - 27 - 28 - 29 - " she pauses, takes a deep breath and says "Oh, and then you'll be thirty and that's how old a grandma is..."

I'm dumbfounded but Ryan seems to think this is the funniest thing and he's very proud of his daughter for being so innocently funny yet clueless to the fact that I've spent the past several years of my (and her) life over the 'old' age of 30.

As I leave the table I begin to wonder if the small, doesn't hurt anyone kind of lie worked to my advantage. I'm thinking not, but it did provide some dinner time fodder, at my expense.

Next stop - The 30 year old home!!

No comments:

Four Parks. One Day.

With only a few days left on our Disney Spring Break 2018 we headed over to Epcot. We jumped on Test Track (may the best car win!) and then ...