Saturday, March 21, 2009

Missy Pissy Pond

For the past 11 years Ryan and I have lived within miles of the Mississippi River. First, near St. Louis, MO on the Illinois side of the river and then now in Minnesota - just a mere mile from our home. We usually pay no attention to it but today as we drove across the bridge on our way home we pointed out the Mighty Mississippi to Teagan. What a great learning experience for a child - living near the banks of a very historic river.

We pointed out that the River is now flowing again - no ice; winter is O-V-E-R!! Teagan gasped and said "Mommy, what was that?! I just saw something in the Missy Pissy Pond!"

I'm not sure what she saw - it took all my might not to break into hysterical laughter! Maybe tomorrow, if we head that way, I'll take a closer look to see what she saw in the Missy Pissy Pond!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

You should teach her how to spell it! That'd be cute :) I can see her running around M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I..

Four Parks. One Day.

With only a few days left on our Disney Spring Break 2018 we headed over to Epcot. We jumped on Test Track (may the best car win!) and then ...