Yes, I'm pointing the finger at technology. Why? Here's just a few reasons:
I used to scrapbook with all my pictures and I have some great created-by-hand scrapbooks that I can pass down to my kids. Sadly, with digital cameras and online photo repositories my photos are now taking refuge on our family photo site. Don't get me wrong, I love our family website and it allows for family across the globe (ok, maybe just across the MN border) to see what we've been up to.
Then when blogs became all-that-and-a-bag-of-chips I thought it would be yet another fantastic way to create a family legacy. I would be in awe to learn of a journal that was created by a since passed on ancestor and don't even get me started on having access to pictures from back in the day. Seriously, how cool would that be!?
Then I was sucked into the biggest social network experiment around - Facebook. Here I can update my status, share photos, tag friends all in one trip down the elevator bank. It's almost too easy! In late 2011 I was issued a challenge. Could I take one picture per day in 2012 for my Facebook network to enjoy? Uh, hello - YES! I'm happy to report my 366 project is coming along swell, only 155 more days to go.
But wait - there's also Twitter! I found out through my little blue bird friends that Osama Bin Laden was dead long before it hit CNN Breaking News. All the important "stuff" can be found on Twitter - did you hear Sharon Osbourne is leaving AGT. She told
So yes, I blame my lack of consistency and follow through on technology. But what does it change? Absolutely nothing. Until the next best thing comes along I'll try to place more focus here. Until then, I'll see you on 'PhanBookBlogwitter'.
No comments:
Post a Comment