Ok, I know it seems a bit harsh - not as nicey-nice as Generation X, Y or Z, but seriously...WTF! Daily I am faced with the reality that there is a huge gap between my childhood and that of the kids of today. It's so evident in the mannerisms and activites that I have witnessed. Of particular annoyance to me is the fact that teens these days show blatant disrespect for anyone or anything around then. Case in point: yesterday I was driving down a side street to pick up Teagan when I was suddenly faced with a row of 4 teens on their way home from school. Since the street had no sidewalks they are forced to walk in the street. I get it - not their fault right? Ok, so WHY do they have to walk 4 across and not look or care if there is a car coming??? This chain-of-teens was entirely in my lane and I had to drive on the other side of the street simply to pass. Not a single one of them looked or moved.
After picking up Teagan I encountered the same group of teens and the street was busier so I had to come to a complete stop and wait for traffic on the other side. Finally - one of the teens turned and looked - right at me - and CONTINUED TO WALK IN THE STREET! He didn't move even an inch to the side.
I did the only thing I could think of that was reasonable for this situation. I pushed the gas pedal on my 3,000 ton SUV and slowly went around this group of rude, I-own-the-earth teens. I then used the situation to educate my daughter about respect and safety. I can only hope that I have taught her to make better choices then those in Generation WTF!
Thanks - I feel better now!
I hope you never lose your sense of wonder, Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens, Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance, And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance...
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Four Parks. One Day.
With only a few days left on our Disney Spring Break 2018 we headed over to Epcot. We jumped on Test Track (may the best car win!) and then ...
-
Do you Facebook?! It started so innocently in October 2007. Angela, my dear little sister was visiting and the conversation was very similar...
-
Time flies when you're having fun! First of all I cannot believe that my little boy is knocking on the door of turning three. In some re...
-
It's so hard to believe that it's been 3 years since little boy blue was born. He's been such a joy that it hardly feels fair th...
No comments:
Post a Comment